View Single Post
Old 11-09-12, 10:47 PM   #96
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
How times change - when I was a driver for our local VAG dealer the mechanics would lend me their tools and I could use the workshop at weekends when the sales dept was open.
Too true. In my old garage, I worked with a gr8 set of lads. On my saturday in, I could ask them to leave their toolboxes open, then ask the owner if I could use the ramps. Would get my car in the workshop, lift it up on 4poster, adn do any work I needed to do, in pefect conditions, with all the tools required.
Then once everything was done, toolboxes shut, workshop all locked up, I would then ask the owner if I could use the valletting bay,a dn I wash and clean my car.

As long as I asked him, the answer was always "yes"....No one does anyone favours now. It all has to be done "through the books" for Health and Safety.........................Just to screw staff for money I say. I mean, to get MOT done at my garage, I pay the full public rate of £58! I have to pay now to get tyres fitted! Think I will wait now until I go and see Stamford and the "fix it meet".......
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote