View Single Post
Old 29-12-14, 04:31 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
that sounds like a vhpd 190 conversion - if he'd blanked off the VVC mechs and put a 285 cam in?

The factory built 190's as used in the trophy championship are fast, they got every last bit of out the chassis.

Generally, the front running 190's are a few secs per lap quicker than a ZS, but it all depends who is driving!!!
Apparently the chap has spent in the region of £8k on the engine, as most talk to be taken with a pinch of salt, but you never know. It did sound very good the last time I saw it but considering the amount spent I felt he was seen off as my zed was alot quicker over a lap. As you say, the car is only as good as the one pushing it along. Just highlights that too many focus on power (they forget torque) and see the handling and braking as a secondary feature.