View Single Post
Old 19-09-11, 04:23 PM   #31
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Just wanna start this post by saying that my zs is easily the best car i have owned and im not slating it in any way. Just being realistic.

In a straight line a 180 has little chance against any wrx if the driver has any degree of competence. Most wrxs left the factory with at least 260bhp and despite transmission losses this translates into straight line speed very well. Cornering is another matter though. On a track the impreza suffers massively from 4wheel understeer where the zs has massive grip levels so on a short track like brands indy the zs would **** over a wrx. On tracks with long straights, maybe like bedford, the wrx has an advantage.

One major difference between the 2 cars is the way the engine delivers the power. The 180 v6 is very rarely off the power band which is why i love it so much. Wrx engine suffer from the inevitable boost lag, although no that much, and their gearing can be awkward depending on the ratio from the factory. With the zs you know you get something special, without having to worry about these things.

On another note, my mate went to santa pod this weekend in a near standard wrx sti with 294bhp and ran a 12.9 quarter.

Last edited by Mr ZS180; 19-09-11 at 04:42 PM.