View Single Post
Old 02-11-13, 08:26 PM   #1
pb25

pb25 will become famous soon enough
One for the technically minded.........

Right this is nothing to do with zeds so sorry. Its to do Peugeot Partner.....I have posted on the pug forums but no-one is answering!

Right, had a load of stuff to bring down to the mother in law's (350 miles one way) so thought I would use the pug van. Filled it up on Thursday night and took it to work Friday to make sure all was well (its only had occasional use). Set off last night and got down to Tain which is about 70 miles South and a quarter of a tank had gone......its a 2.0 hdi. So filled up again and my car fuel app said I was getting 34.6 mpg....it only has 90hp and is the shape of a shed so I can't really rag it! From Tain down to Balloch I had the cruise control on and was either doing 60mph or 70mph ......or 45 for a bit behind lorries! I had reset my on board computer and after another 3/8 of a tank it said my average mpg was 38.2mpg which is sh*te. The book says 59 mpg on a run. Seemed to be doing around 50 mpg around 45 mph using the real time on board mpg display.

I have peugeot planet which you hook up to the obd and it lets you basically do anything a garage can do. It had felt sluggish so about 3 months ago I read the fault codes and the MAF was goosed. Replaced that and the faults cleared and it had more grunt. Unplugged the EGR but it developed a shudder at 1500 rpm so am not convinced its closed properly.

Anyway brought the lead and netbook and hooked it up today and no fault codes......not one. So had a look at the real time parameters. The EGR is open 95% at idle and closes when rev'd so I think thats ok. Although when I did a EGR solonoid test I couldnt hear it working. The air flow values (and I can't remember what they were called) but the air sensor was about 100 behind the MAF at tick over but when rev'd they evened out. So does it sound like the air sensor is goosed? The van is well serviced with a recent oil change, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter fitted. Bleed offs are metal so no leak there, in fact no obvious fuel leaks......checked the floor and round the engine bay. It just seems to be over fuelling all the time.

Help please!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk