View Single Post
Old 30-12-14, 03:17 PM   #26
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
todays progress

Fitted the skirts today, I would have painted up a different set had I noticed these ones have the long bracket on them which doesn't leave indentations on the skirt where the short brackets fit! Bit to good for a track car!

Skirts fitted and back on the ground without wheel spacers - it really shows how low it is and desperate for a wider track and wider rims!

The proper 160 exhaust manifolds mated up to a 2.25" scorpion exhaust from a rover tomcat of all cars, just needed the centre box hangers relocating.

People go mad paying 500quid for KV6 Janspeeds, yet many VVC ZS conversions just don't bother with the correct 4-2-1 manifolds that the VVC has...they just bolt up the standard 120 mani...I can't get my head around why people cut corners, especially when the VVC mani is for nothing!
(I didn't fit this today, just having a rant!)

Bled the brakes again, for the umpteenth time, this time with the calipers off and the bleed nipple pointing northwards - there's either air in the system somewhere or the damn things need a good bedding in, but I don't want to be bleeding brakes on a shakedown

and finally wired up the washer bottle, the car didn't have one when I got it and I may want to fit some brake cooling ducts and the standard washer bottle is right in the way

Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote