View Single Post
Old 18-09-12, 05:59 PM   #24
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
that is abd news - but at least you were expecting to to an extent and it is not a complete shock...

So sad to see people with no mechanical sympathy wrecking something for the the bragging rights with the mates...

hell i dont even drive hire cars 'like i stole them' guess i am too nice
Yeah tbh i was not surprised when martin suggested this maybe the problem i was kinda putting 2+2 together, was hoping it was a sensor but hey just have to deal with it.

Just got back from picking it up and had a good chat with martin, its worse than i thought. 50% loss in 2 cylinders 30 in 1 and 40 in the other which suggests at least 1 valve is shot in each cylinder. The motor revs so freely that it would be way to easy to over rev especially if its in a numpty or an animals hand.

Anyway its in the garage and thats where it will stay until i pull the motor and strip it down.
Going to dump the small port BAM head and replace it with the large port unit with some new valves, new injectors and the V3 manifold should see it close to 350hp which will keep me happy for a while.

oh the joys of modding :-)

P.