View Single Post
Old 10-07-16, 07:01 AM   #140
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Thought I had better do some updates. Well the zed is sorned and as it is having starting issues I have just left it. It's not looking happy but life is throwing other things at me which are more important than the car.

• The dash is currently undergoing some gauge mods to liven it up a bit, so there's the usual wiring and plumbing to sort out.
  • Induction kit has been removed and due to the piping issues at the last trackday and having to use tank tape to repair I have deiced to do something different. So plans are to relocate the battery back to where it was before, inside the cabin. Then use the space where the battery was to mount the BMC and keep it away from the radiator. Get some alloy pipes and new hoses as the current ones are looking tired and soft.
  • Look to remove the aircon system and pump and anything else that's wasting away.
  • Remove the sound deadening material. Think that'll be the old fashioned way as no idea where I would get my hands on dry ice.
  • The biggest job is to cut the wheels arches out and up and fabricate some wider arches similar to the national hotrods and those I used to fit when racing on the ovals. Given up with the BTCC route as that seems pretty dead now. Would like to do this as per the BTCC but requires alot of mods and work to copy it.