Thread: Cheap Rover
View Single Post
Old 07-09-07, 07:03 AM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I was thinking of that too Mike, not been for many years.

I was surprised by my insurance company last night, I wanted a rough idea on cost increase from my old shed, the Punto 55S to that of:

Rover 216 Cabriolet
Rover 416SLi
Rover 420SDi
Rover 216 Coupe

and all they wanted was between £78-£82 extra per year! I was expecting a huge hike and then cross certain cars off my list! I really want to stay within the MGR marque for my daily hack, so that has opened a few more options.

I did look at a 216 Cab yesterday, £500, 12mths MOT, 6mths tax, new everything and when I got there I looked around it and drove home, what a heap of doo doo! Some people don't have a clue how to sell a car, it was horrid, not cleaned, food inside, greasy fingers everywhere, bits missing....................ho hum.