View Single Post
Old 06-02-16, 07:42 PM   #14
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Well, I couldn't get hold of the hydraulic tensioner that I needed today unfortunatly. Seems nowhere in Birmingham has one on the shelf ready to go. Couple that with the fact it's been hammering it down all day and I never even had a chance really !

I have reserved a good quality cambelt kit from my local motor factors but I'll probably cancel that and order all the bits I need from eBay ready for next weekend. (She's not being used just yet anyway, in case anyone was wondering, so there's no risk of doing any damage in the meantime).

So instead of doing that, I had a rummage through the spares that came with the car and found some original A-post trims amongst it.

To be fair I was going to pop down the scrappy at some point in the near future and see if I could get some off a 45 as the A-post trims in there now with the pods for the gauges aren't really my cup of tea.

I had some black mirco-suede material left over from my current Classic Mini restoration so I decided to put it to good use and recover the trims -

I ordered another set off wind deflectors and they arrived today, would have just bought the rears but I couldn't find any separately on eBay -

Anyway, I'll probably give her and my other ZED a good wash and detail tomorrow so will probably update again next weekend once the belt and what not is sorted.

For anyone interested in viewing my current mini restoration here's a link to the thread - http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums...first-rebuild/

It's a good 40-odd pages long so it's a bit of a jaunt to get through I'll warn you haha !

I'll leave a couple of pictures of where I'm at with the Mini here -

Jay.

Last edited by Big-Jay; 15-02-16 at 01:32 PM.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote