View Single Post
Old 07-02-16, 12:57 AM   #17
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
I think they were quite close in build numbers but they are the same model and colour and stayed pretty close to each other so myself and kev used to call them the twins.although yours had a sex change when maxfly bought it.��
Ahh, that would explain it then. I've had a forage through the forum and seen a few threads on your car, very tidy by the way !

So she was once a he then ! I don't know what it is but I can't help myself from referring to my cars as 'she' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Love the Mini, I've had and built a few over the years, from 850, 1000, 1100, 1275 and 1340. You've never lived unless you've had a real Mini
A man with good taste I see !

There's nothing quite like driving a Mini in my opinion, a real unique experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
That trims looks smart Jay, I think this is going to end up being an excellent build thread and enjoiy the belts, you certainly have the ability
I shall be perusing that mini thread, love the proper minis and that looks cracking!!!

Shame the tensioner has went as thinking about that would have been done at the last belt change yet others seem to manage to keep going on the originals. Could it possibly be the lack of use recently then her final spin which caused it?? Be interesting to see the bits once they are off to show what they are like
Cheers Gary

Can't beat a proper Mini !

I've had a look through a few threads on different websites and it looks like a mixed bag really, some are still going fine with the originals and some have said they've had them fail a few miles after being replaced.

Hard to say what may have caused it really bud, may be down to the lack of use recently but who knows.

I'd imagine a seal has given way inside the tensioner but it did look quite corroded from what I could see of it, maybe the corrosion has got to it and seized it up but I won't know for sure until I have it off. I'll take a few pictures when I've done so and post them up on here !

Jay.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote