View Single Post
Old 08-02-16, 12:07 PM   #18
Rockey5uk2001

Rockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura aboutRockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Jay View Post
Ahh, that would explain it then. I've had a forage through the forum and seen a few threads on your car, very tidy by the way !

So she was once a he then ! I don't know what it is but I can't help myself from referring to my cars as 'she' !

A man with good taste I see !

There's nothing quite like driving a Mini in my opinion, a real unique experience !

Cheers Gary

Can't beat a proper Mini !

I've had a look through a few threads on different websites and it looks like a mixed bag really, some are still going fine with the originals and some have said they've had them fail a few miles after being replaced.

Hard to say what may have caused it really bud, may be down to the lack of use recently but who knows.

I'd imagine a seal has given way inside the tensioner but it did look quite corroded from what I could see of it, maybe the corrosion has got to it and seized it up but I won't know for sure until I have it off. I'll take a few pictures when I've done so and post them up on here !

Jay.
As an engineer I'm fully aware that anything mechanical should be a "she"

This is primarly due to all the head aches they give you like women do!

Welcome by the way! and what a cracking car!
Rockey5uk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote