View Single Post
Old 06-03-10, 11:45 PM   #13
Tom163

Tom163 is on a distinguished road
Update!

I've had a crazy nite to say the least lol. I got in contact with some lads over on mg-rover.org and we came to the same decision as we have on here, its a very high figure for a so called 1.6 110. Me and a friend over there started going through the stages with help from other members.

First of all I got my cars VIN number and using the MG-Rover VIN meanings chart started to match it all up to make sure everything is correct. 2 letters did'nt match on the chart....engine and body type. According to my VIN number and that chart my car should have had a 1.8 160 vvc engine in!!!

Obviously thats not true as it looks nothing like a VVC engine does. After a while we found the VIN was correct using some old MG/Rover software so there is nothing to worry about on that front.

The second thing I found out is this particular MG ZS was made in 2005! but registered on a 54 plate. I have been told by an ex- mg/rover employee that it would have been made to order car produced very close to the collapse of the company. Its been said at that time when they were running the final cars off MG/Rover would use any parts they could get there hands on to complete the cars. E.g. This could be using a 1.8 engine and trying there best to down tune it to a 1.6 or using different engine variation internal parts in a 1.6. Very unusal... I can almost certainly say myne is a 1.6 engine (??) but who knows it may have some 1.8 parts in it.

Finally a lad came along and said my figures match very closly to his car which is a Rover 25 1.8 (ZR 120 engine) with TF 135 cams. After looking at his power graph we were both in the 122/125 BHP area but he had over 115 ft lb of torque were I only have 108.2 lb ft (maybe). So maybe there is already TF 135 cams in the car, I looked and there is no Veniers but tomorrow may take the cam cover off and look for the codes on them to check.

Soooo to sum up. Its a 1.6 engine (VIN matches), it may/could have some other engine parts in the head that could affect the BHP (we will never really know) or it may be a stock 1.6 with 135 or Piper cams already installed.

Sorry for the massive post hahaha

Last edited by Tom163; 07-03-10 at 12:21 AM.
Tom163 is offline   Reply With Quote