View Single Post
Old 07-03-10, 09:31 AM   #19
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
My derv is a 2005/54 plate and was registered 19th Feb 2005.. What you need to remember is that manufacturers build on bulk, and leave them sitting in a field somewhere to gather dust and bird pooh before they're actually sold.. I would be surprised if mine was actually built in 2005, but could be wrong!

Best way to be sure is to get it to another RR day and see what it does on a different road..

From what I can gather MG-R were very slap-happy with their approach to building cars near the end, and a large number of vehicles turned up at the dealers with 180 kits when they hadn't bee spec'd, so I wouldn't be surprised if yours does have a few bits extra.. I would be surprised if the engine was any different as KevG said, they came complete ready to bolt in!
The only different bits would probably be interior/exterior fit and finish, as the powertrain side of this ie engine/gearbox etc will be complete units.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote