View Single Post
Old 11-03-12, 10:23 AM   #29
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Reckon half an hour with a lump hammer, new o/s/r light unit, take it to Powerflow to sort the exhaust. Might need a bit of a pull on the o/s/r quarter, but I'm sure you have a few big trees and a bit of chain laying about.

Weld down the rear hatch, added body stiffness and you are there.

Sorted track car, look on the Ring as a shake down session!!!!

I reckon you're right. Not sure about welding the boot shut though - we need to get it around and that might not be legal - not sure though - traffic never was my strong point !

Anyway - lets just wait and see what the prognosis is when they get back and get it looked at on the ramps. If they manage to drive it back and we're happy with the mechanicals, we can have a look at the bodywork issues and get them sorted for pennies. It'll be cheaper for them to sort it, than reimburse us with the investment so that's a positive.

And - One of the group is - yes my good friends - a garage owner/mechanic .... Sure we'll sort something out.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote