Thread: feeling old
View Single Post
Old 22-07-14, 10:29 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I know exactly what you mean! After having cheapish bikes I soon realised that a quality bike does make a huge difference. I ditched my last bike which I thought was decent, had suspension all around and disc brakes but god was it heavy going. I bought an old Specialized mountain bike and what a difference. Easier to ride, smoother and many kilos lighter. Makes light work of gradients, I'm 49 and just over 15st and it goes very well. I would suggest if you intend on making a go of this try a better bike. My one cost less than £200 from a bike shop who deals with quality used as well as new. These all singing and dancing cheap brands are not worth it at all, better off buying quality even if well used.