View Single Post
Old 10-09-16, 11:20 PM   #36
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
First things first - I'm delighted with the car and it will serve me well I'm sure.

Maybe you can help me out with that DVD player in the roof ... ? Is it fubarred or got any power ?

It does have some bits to get sorted though - thought it'd be faster so will be checking the vis motors or putting it on the rollers. Clutch squeeks something awful so need to have a look at that - hopefully some WD40 in the right place will get that sorted. Steering wheel is worn to buggery so will try and source one in decent condition.

After that really all she needs is some bodywork getting looked at - the side grills don't match, which might be something for later although the rusting near the windscreen is a bit worse than I'd expected and then just a couple of little dings to make it a proper show-stopper.

Now - if only I knew a guy who had some family connections in the bodywork trade and loves the ZS ..... .....

The screen takes/took its feed from the boot. Should be able to lift the boot carpet and see the main power feed from the battery. It should have a gold clamp, then make sure there is a wire attached to it, I'm sure it was a red one that goes direct to the screen. I had the same thing when I first bought it from Kev and he guided me to the solution, it was due to there no longer being a boot build so everything was disconnected.
The lack of oomph could be several things and would guess it's likely down to being sat for a while and just lack of use?? Good call on checking vis, the power did stick now a ad again with sometimes just a pull apart enough to get it going. Any brakes sticking? One thing to check is accelerator cable, was at end of adjustment when I sold her and may well benefit from getting changed out. After doing that the air filter might be worth giving a clean, I can't remember if Jay said he had done that but could well be in his thread.