View Single Post
Old 20-08-13, 10:47 PM   #106
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
suspension geometry is very complex on these cars, the rear is dynamic - dynamic castor and toe, the front is a more straight forward double wishbone setup.

It is best left to people who really understand how to set these up, it is a great basis for a race car, very honda but the benefit of a longer wheelbase.

The roll centres are a well guarded secret, one I do not know myself, but if I did - as it is someone else's work, I wouldn't reveal all that time and effort on a public forum.

There are two people/companies I know of who could really set it up well, perhaps one better than the other, but they do charge well.
-when this knowledge is what is winning races (these guys set up race cars) they do tend to guard their knowledge.

One of these companies who I have used myself will give you a massive headache (brain ache as it is too much to take in) for days as they delve into suspension geometry at what they think is a basic level.
It's not something you will learn overnight.
All I can tell you is the roll centres are around 500 in parts, but intensive in the fitting and manipulation of parts - in the race series, you cannot alter pickup points, so I understand there is a lot of manipulation/strategic bending of parts to achieve the goal whilst keeping to regs.
It is this time (3 days?) that will cost the money.

I could have a good guess at what could be done in terms of parts, but I do not have the ability to draw up (the mathematical side) the suspension, scrub radius, roll centers, contact pressure etc etc, so it is far easier to pay the experts.

If the call is between roll centres and decent suspension with separate bump and rebound adjustment, it would likely be the suspension first.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote