View Single Post
Old 23-12-10, 05:25 PM   #3
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Hi everybody.

Today I had the MG on the rolling road at Interpro in thornbury.

I arrived at 8.30am, and honestly had no idea of what kind of figures to expect given the car is on 126,000 miles!

I have had my reservations about just how well the VIS has been working so I asked them to check everything on the car engine wise
to know how 'healthy' the engine is.

Well after the power runs, the rolling road operator Dave came over to talk to me about his findings! and I must admit to expecting a lower than standard output, how wrong was I!

185 BHP @ 6543rpm
with an at the wheels figure of 125 BHP
174 FT/LBS @ 4333rpm

When Dave approached me he had the graph out of sight and started to talk of a stored fault code and I thought oh no.....
Turns out the the fault code is only for the engine management light bulb not working!

Dave informed me that the VIS is working absolutely fine, which showed in the graph with a very linear and powerful torque curve, with approx 110 lb/ft available from just over 1000rpm, and after the torque peaking at 174 lb/ft at 4333rpm the car did not drop under 150 lb/ft even upto the rev limit at approx 6750rpm. Between 5000rpm and 6250rpm the car held 165 lb/ft (approx).

The power graph was lovely and linear, from approx 5750 to the 6250rpm the engine is holding a linear 180ish bhp peaking at max power 185 at 6543rpm holding until the limiter calls time.

I am very happy with the figures as you'd imagine, the car is standard with 126000 miles on the clock and ran on 95 ron/octane fuel!

This does just prove that a well looked after car can still make the numbers and then some

I have put the lack of power I thought I was feeling down to the crappy tyres on there at the mo, which are scrabbling for grip any time some torque is introduced to them!
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote