View Single Post
Old 02-03-14, 04:55 PM   #122
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I copied your how to......Was going to stick a fusible link into the engine bay fuse box once I had it working......wish I had done it earlier.........swapping the connections over on the relays I managed to brush the unfused feed against one of the earth connections and it appears to have killed the BCU!

Symptoms are no power to anything what so ever despite there being 12v everywhere,
fuel gauge and temp gauge at top of gauges,
when you remove one of the fuses under the dash (for the BCU I think) and refit you can hear something in the engine bay connecting,
after a few minutes the fuel pump relay starts pulsing the fuel pump,
remove the relay and the cooling fan cuts in!,
disconnect the battery and the temp gauge drops to zero,
and the best bit
connect the battery in the boot (which isn't finalised yet) and my booster pack and everything comes to life but not enough power to start the car,
connect the main battery again and she starts,
disconnect the boot battery and booster,
the car runs for a few minutes and dies completely.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think the Clifford alarm doesn't help so that's coming out, it's more hassle than it's worth anyway as the only cool part about it is the remote start which is more of an intermittent remote start.

If that doesn't cure it the BCU will go down to technozone for a diagnostics, I'll to get a second fob coded for it and while he has it probably new relays.