View Single Post
Old 17-02-18, 01:24 PM   #350
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Agreed it is all a compromise indeed - there is a balance (was reading some stuff on the early cummins yesterday and 5 hole VS 6 hole (with 4 and 7 being debated rages).

They are using injectors in inches not cms, but their "small" 6*0.33mm (0.013") flow slightly more than the 5*0.35 (0.014")

It is a stupidly complex situation, there is no "definitive" article out there, and so it is experimentation. Simple % area increase doesn't easily translate to X bhp or Y smoke.

What seems to be pertinent is making sure you get the right angled injection pattern rather than the number of holes - EG don't stick a set of 155's in a 145 piston crown config. As is getting a flat plane injector VS an angled one...

Finding out the injector angle to the head is not easy though - nor is always finding the relevant nozzle part number for a given injector at times... That's where the risk factor comes in.

I'm willing to experiment, I can burn through a few sets and types of nozzles if I need to, to find what I am looking for. If I do it alone then I'll not be sharing precise details... I was bitten hard by testing the headlift theory and helping to prove it conclusively for the masses, and I frankly am not willing to spend the £ on research for others to just benefit from the rewards anymore. Selfish I know, but I've not seen any-one else share that sort of cost burden in the years since...

If some-one shares costs then they'll gain from the knowledge we accumulate - all I know is that there are loads of potential options open to us - one has to think beyond the given part numbers that are floated about as gospel....

If my rig had been built when it was supposed to be, I'd have worked through a few options by now - unless I got lucky with my first choice... I'm not expecting it, but time will tell.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote