View Single Post
Old 01-04-10, 01:02 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Ah ok.... matt thought he might have known one that goes into the coolant and changes the whole thing - he doesn't recon the snif test on my engine would be worth it.. as it wont happen until thrashed...

not sure about the coolant but yesterday there was no pressure and the level did not move at all... so there is no latent pressure being stored in the system....

It also doesn't pressurise after a few hard revs from cold - which is the normal tell tale failure of the L-series when the HG goes...

I am thinking that i will probably end up cutting the fueling back from about 3800rpm onwards.. probably to drop the torque beneath 200lbsft.....

I am thinking it is the much shrter time period of the high rpm causing the pressure to remain high, and not being able to drop inbetween each stroke that is part of the problem.

A few people on .org are probably going to look into reducing the compression again, but really in my mind there are far too many unknowns with that route... it will need a large amount of remapping to achieve it, fuel economy will drop, and there is nothing to say the same problem will not occur as soon as you crank up the fuelling to compensate for it...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote