View Single Post
Old 20-08-12, 06:23 PM   #1
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Mot pass for 180

Well it's hard to believe it's been almost a year since the 180's last Mot. This time I was a little more prepared and actually checked it over and replaced a few parts too. Last year I had 2 advisorys, 1 for each rear handbrake!! So not wanting a repeat of the "just scraped through" 16% pass of last year i fitted a pair of new rear discs and pads and re-built the calipers as well although that was prompted by the off side seizing on a couple of days before I fitted the new discs which was lucky!!

So for this year it had new rear discs and pads which now resulted in a "not quite so scraped through" 19% handbrake efficiency !! I also fitted a new set of plugs and a new plenum which resulted in a drop in HC emissions from 72ppm to 35ppm. Oddly this year i had 3 advisorys!! 1 for each rear brake on the handbrake and a couple of stone chips on the screen which were there last year but not spotted. So in all I'm happy although It would have been nice for the handbrake to pass the 20% no advisorys level but sadly not.