View Single Post
Old 16-06-13, 07:35 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
ZS Favourite roads.

Now we all know that we would love to take our Zeds round the Stelvio pass, but there are some nice little numbers we all love taking our cars round closer to home. After a little discussion today, I sat down and worked out a couple of my favourites. Top of the list is, any roundabout, that you know is empty, so you can sling the Zed round and feel it cling to the road and put a BIG grin on your face.

Now for my list: these are ones that I know of, so if anyone feels like putting their own up, we could make a sort of UK best Zed driving roads..

A) B194 from Waltham Abbey to Harlow, know to the locals as the Crooked Mile. Loads of twists and turns....only down side, not nice if following a slow car.

B) A414 from Hatfield to M1 jct. 1/4 mile down road is a pair of 3exit roundabouts, more of chicanes. Great if road empty as you can almost straight line them.

C) A4061 From Hirwaun to Treorchy, Pows in Wales. Loads of mega bends, on your way down the side of a mountain..Get to Treorchy and Treherbert in bottom of the gorge, and then just blast up the other side. Then follow road as it becomes the A4107 all the way to Port Talbot, through more wonderfully twisty scenic welsh hillside. Used to drive this everytime I marshalled the Wales Rally GB...Glorious, but very scary in the dark. Went back one year in the daylight WOW what fun.....just watch out for the sheep!

D) Parsonage Lane Herts, turn left off the B1184 just outside Sawbridgeworth and head for Green Tye. Gorgeous country lane that opens up into a blinding piece of bends. Great fun even in a company Transit!!!!.

Well thats me for starters.........................................f eel free to post your own, Id love to try some new ones. The ZS is such a drivers car..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote