View Single Post
Old 11-09-16, 11:08 PM   #2
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
first job was removing all the interior trim, sound deadening to come out this weekend hopefully. Then i started on the rear doors, cut up (decided to leave the side impact bar in as the mark 1 this is easy but the mk2 is not so easy as its welding and glued in and its easy to warp the door panel a bit and its only about 500g) also had a brain wave on operation of the door and by using the lock button and attaching it to the door opening loop means i still can open from the inside and it looks a bit more oem than a pull cable. Perspex to go in this week too.

I got some ultra light foam/plastic material for the door card as i like things to be light and also a bit aesthetically pleasing. Battery also moved waiting on the cut off switch gear to arrive.

Got to do the front doors next, im fitting a manual winder in place of the electric for the front windows, having non opening perspex is not an option in Aus! Then just need to make some nice door cards and recess the original door handle for the inside.

Also a bit which is likely to get some frowns is im keeping the MG heater set up for the time being at least. my last race car (the blue one) only had a old one from a mini fitted which only blew hot air and only from two pipes and it was crap at the best of times. id much rather a car with better cold and hot airflow which works well and i'll look to save the weight elsewhere so this is staying oem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (80.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (87.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (88.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (89.3 KB, 13 views)