View Single Post
Old 07-12-13, 06:53 PM   #58
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Yeh, those ones in the link look pretty much the same and should fit, you just need to use a slightly narrower bolt through the fork in the rears, the fors is also wider than the MG forks but my ones came with spacers (a couple of thick washers) which worked a treat.

The only real hassle with fitting them is that you have to wind the collars up against the springs quite tight so sometimes the spring backs off the turn you have just put on with the C spanner. There isnt enough room to get spring compressors on at the same time to eliminate the problem. You can get around it but it requires a bit of patience and they will fit.

Id either wait for some second hand GAZ or AVO coilovers specifically weighted to the 180 or diesel or get some motobuild springs.
I sold mine to talkingcars so might be worth seeing if he wants to sell if motobuild arent doing them anymore.

Going back to the turbo, are you sure 2025 has been quoted, the first number relates to the exhaust housing so obvioulsy 20 is bigger than 17 but the second number relates to the size of the compressor wheel so it may have been 2052 or 2056, obviously 2056 would be bigger on both sides than the 1752 or whatever the one thats been offered to you is.

As far as I know the ones Dan did were a bit different in that they used a "top secret" exhaust housing with the rest of it coming from a petrol saab turbo.

Yeh, 250ft/lbs is a bit low really, mine is currently at 166 and 300, the CG stage 3 clutch copes fine but im sure the standard one wouldnt like it very much!