Thread: T16
View Single Post
Old 17-11-17, 02:14 PM   #23
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Doesn't matter how much fluid I put in the header tank, it just flows straight out the water pump! So... yeah.. deffo water pump.

I have purchased 20 (I know I only need 5!) M6 bolts and a water pump with all O rings etc, for around £30, just waiting for it all to turn up now

As I see it I have two issues, otherwise its a straight forward change over.

1. People report the crap OE M6 bolts will be corroded and snap when I try to undo them, at this point its a 50/50 if they need drilling out on a bench drill or can be removed with pliers or similar.

2. Since this system is all Stainless coolant pipes and Samco silicone pipes there is no bleed screw... so I will have to work out another way of bleeding the system.

Oh and the F has issues with oil (none in the sump and it wont let me put anything in the filler pipe...) and the RX8 died a death and needs a new engine... leaving me with one working car, the 180 that desperately needs a respray and some other bodywork! - Still at least we are mobile still

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote