View Single Post
Old 11-09-16, 09:26 PM   #190
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The induction looks almost the same as mine, are you adding another elbow to draw from the inner wing?

I am planning to replace the smaller filter with an elbow tee'd off the main intake, at the moment it draws the radiator heated air raising the "temperature" of the inlet when travelling in slow traffic so running a hot air map, then when one gets moving it's like it takes a big gulp of cooler air through the main filter and adjusts the map accordingly.
Probably less of an issue on a track car.

When I first ran the set up I still had the resonator box in place but when I removed that I found the main filter ran warmer, I guess the resonator acted as a baffle reducing the amount of warm engine bay air reaching the inner wing. I have the materials to blank this space under the chassis rail, just haven't used it yet (4 years and counting).

What is the advantage of running the extra temp gauge?