View Single Post
Old 03-04-14, 08:34 PM   #11
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Pheelay, I use different apps to replace the power/volume buttons (however I have a slot above them that I can slide a flat keyring into if needed) Bear in mind that the rabbit is removable if a hard boot was required.

I use the likes of tasker as my tablet screen turns on when USB powered (ie ignition) and screen/bluetooth/wifi/GPS off when ignition off (and on when ignition on of course.

Tasker also allows me to auto play the last track etc. I delay this for 15 seconds to allow for bluetooth to connect and I use the stereo controls to manage the volume.

An 8" screen should be fine if it's not too tall (ie width wise)

I have a head unit so have fm radio through that again using stereo controls on my steering column.

I have tablet talk but have used it once so far! It's just there if I fancy it. Tasker can be set up to send people a text automatically when I'm in the car if I want.

And again, my head unit does talk so I use that... once! Never saw the need to talk to people in the car although I know plenty do.

Hope this helps a little and good luck with the build.

Now back to Matt's!! Must start thinking about a custom front end!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote