View Single Post
Old 02-10-12, 08:57 AM   #24
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you, but the majority of people go out with the attitude that they'll take a little risk because they won't get caught (or simply don't think at all). Then they DO get caught, feel all upset about it because "the world is so unfair", and decide to either not to declare their points, or worse still, not bother to get insured. I'm not saying it's right, but you can see how these little risks escalate until you have public enemy number one on the roads.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see plod lurking on the roads near to racetracks for a couple of other reasons too:
1) With the accelerated wear that tracks inflict on road tyres, it's not surprising if a car that arrived with legal tyres goes home at the end of the day with illegal ones.
2) We've all heard the stories of people who over-cook it on track, and then mysteriously have an accident at the first roundabout on the way home so that they can make a claim.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote