View Single Post
Old 02-10-12, 10:00 AM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I'd better not get into, "flash or not flash", debate, but what annoys me is that the speed traps are always on wide, open, normally going down hill etc. roads.

If they were near schools, narrow roads, middle of a village, I can see why they are there and any one going over the speed limit deserves all they get.

On our spur road into Bournemouth A338, there is a lay by, going down a steepish hill, favourite place for a radar van to sit. We join the spur road at a junction that runs alongside a flyover. Radar van sits at the end of our slip road, trouble is, to join the traffic you have to get up to 50 and then merge in. Having to check for traffic coming down the flyover, making sure there isnt a van, all adds to the fun of it. Apart from a motorcyclist that spotted the van, braked, skidded and ended up sliding across the carriageway, onto the opposite carriageway. He wont be going over the speed limit any more, but hell of a price to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats without all the changing speed limits as you get nearer to the town. Spur road 70, goes to 50 by the flyover, then down to 40. All on the same dual carriageway. Dont know how the visitors keep up with it.