View Single Post
Old 03-10-12, 10:54 PM   #30
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
i think a lot of the police get beaten with the bad stick quite a lot with the roads they place they park the camera vans although a few of them are sometimes questionable a long straight road can be where the worst accidents can happen, e.g. you are travelling at 40 mph on a dual carriageway, you check your mirrors and miss judge a cars speed in the lane next to you, you pull out to avoid a hazard lets say a cyclist or an item of debris so you indicate and pull out then bang the car who was sppeding in the next lane has hit you.

Next thing you know is you have spun and rolled and your passenger has met there demise in the accident and the driver of the offending vehicle has killed someone.

this is the reason why they park the cameras on the straight roads if i'm right in thinking.

What people say about the speed cameras can be an over reaction, who would say the same thing if it was a traffic officer sat in the same spot and caught you at the same speed? I know i would'nt, if i was caught speeding i wouldnt be angry at the officer or camera as it would be my own fault being daft enough to break the speed limit i'm not saying that i don't speed as that would be a lie

Most if not all speed cameras have been set a several mph over any way so you have a small amount of leniancy any way the same as a traffic officer has a degree of tolerance as well i mean if it was me and you went past at 35 i would lei it go' if you went past me at 45 you would be getting a tug for it
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote