Thread: Fuel Tank
View Single Post
Old 17-09-17, 04:21 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Phil - on looking more deeply, the ZS 180 and L series have a single hole tank - the smaller petrols a 2 hole.....

The haynes suggests that the difference with the two is indeed space for the fuel pump on the petrol - which we don't have on the diesel, as our fuel pump is on the front of the engine; in terms of it fitting, I shouldn't have a problem though.

As to needing a swirl-pot/baffle; should I find that I get issues, then a lift pump in the engine bay - pre fuel filter - would do the same thing (and is a thought anyway to help take a little load off the pump if I do go for big power with the custom injectors).

But......

I've got to cut my tank off - the nuts on the threaded bar are basically just rust (as I found out after disconnecting everything - should have checked them first!)...

So I need to get replacements on order before I get the dremmel out and a load of bricks for when the bolts are cut.

I've also learnt that diesel turns waxoil back into a liquid as I got covered in the stuff where I brushed against the under of the car where it had spilt.... and most of the back end of the car is pretty badly rusted as my eyes (then goggles) found out when it all fell in my face...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote