View Single Post
Old 18-12-10, 09:39 AM   #36
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Looking good.

I don't know if it help with a supercharger but on my 180 I've moved the battery to the boot and fitted BMC CDA in it's place drawing cool air through the hole in the chassis rail.

Summer 2009 we were in Spain, I had my scangauge2 on air inlet tempreture and once the engine was up to operating temp the inlet temp was always considerably higher than ambiant air tempreture. This was with the O/E airfilter in the normal location.

This year with the BMC CDA fitted as described the inlet temp would rise but as soon as you get to about 25 or 30 mph the inlet temp starts dropping back to close to ambiant.
At the moment I drawing air at sub zero temps.

Although so of the effect will be lost in the charger I suspect that if you get cooler air into the charger it will be cooler coming out of it.

Also would an oil cooler help, either for the oil in the charger or the oil in the sump?
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote