View Single Post
Old 16-10-13, 06:48 AM   #14
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Strangely enough, it was an insignia (diesel) pulling away from me on a slip road while my 180 was in its "sweet spot" that swayed me to get rid. That was in 2010.
Couldnt bear the thought of a mobile sales rep's mile muncher being quicker than my 25mpg "sporty" car. So had a silly moment and got a mini (BMW) which lasted all of 6 months then came back to ZS ownership but this time with a diesel. I absolutely love that car and still have it now three years later, longest Ive ever kept a car and it is going nowhere any time soon.
Bang per buck it really is impossible to beat a tuned ZS TD. What else can you get with 160bhp and 250+ ft/lbs torque for just over a grand all in?

Im sure the 180 would have been quicker from a standing start but for real world driving, overtaking and the like you cant beat a well tuned diesel.

One thing I would say with driving other cars and them feeling faster than the 180 is that they probably are faster in most situations. Similar BHP figures but twice the torque so stands to reason.

The diesel wont sound as good though and if I wanted a track car it would be the 180

Horses for courses