View Single Post
Old 24-09-18, 11:08 PM   #12
gAZ

gAZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I've got the original "DonnyDiesel" pipe that DarkIce copied when he decided to move on from MGR.

Being honest, other than looking a bit cleaner/tidier the fact it's not squashed makes no difference to power figures.

mine *might* be surplus to requirements, as my turbo isn't standard anymore; but I'd rather not offer it up to sale until I know what's happening with all the old bits and pieces.. (and until I get the car back!)
Well that may well be true, but it certainly looks a better shape alround. If nothing else it's a bit of bling, but it's not like the figures are boasting much of an improvement. I'm sure it was like 5 lb ft torque and slightly better coming on to boost.

Either way, it's not going to brake the bank and neither is it the only modification. Hopefully every 'little' improvement here and there adds up to something noticeable all together.

Next on the list is sdi injectors. Are they plug and play? Or will it end up smoking like a chimney if I don't get it remapped as well ?

Though the guy I bought it off claimed it's been remapped already to 137bhp but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt .
gAZ is offline   Reply With Quote