View Single Post
Old 22-11-16, 08:18 PM   #26
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
For what it's worth Craig having owned both, the only practical advantage I saw in the hatch was the ability to fold the seats and carry longer bits to the tip. The Mk2 boot is massive - seriously. I've found the saloon to be a better drive to be honest with better sound insulation over the hatch.

Your call ofcourse but if you're keeping the hatch 45 you have - any transporting of long bits and bobs could be done in that and save the ZS.

There's a guy selling a saloon via Gumtree who has pics of his on a camping trip - so there's an example of a guy using the saloon to it's full potential.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/for-sal...180/1200796681
It's a fair shout Dan I just also think I prefer the hatch looks myself (marginally that is)
If I had managed to get hold of my mates dads one which was very rare bringing Nocturne Blue I would've jumped at that one as a saloon.
Gutted it went tbh.
Mk1, iirc 2 owners and was absolutely stunning.

Think just found your old saloon mk2 (red monacos) online did mot history and that too has suffered badly on chassis / floor pan corrosion.
Such a shame as looks lovely up top still.