View Single Post
Old 01-03-12, 10:23 AM   #8
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Thats the one I have for the carpc, works a treat too. These are cool items at a good price.
Agreed. I've got the version that uses the USB lead to my laptop. I’ve only used it to read data and reset codes while stationary - I was worried that it stuck out so close to my left foot that I might damage it or the diagnostic port while changing gear. However you might be able to unclip the diagnostic socket from its bracket and turn it round so that the reader doesn’t protrude.
Just a general question about the one pictured: Do you have to have an Android phone to be able to link it to, or is there software that will link it to a Nokia smart-phone?

Oh and a quick warning about what the BiB don’t take kindly to: most might think that it’s the act of speaking or texting on a handheld mobile that’s illegal – not true. You only have to be HOLDING a mobile phone to be committing an offence – even if you aren’t actually USING it! So if (like me) you often use your phone as a sat nav, I would recommend one of those mobile phone holders that either clips to your heater vents or sticks to your windscreen to keep you legal.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote