View Single Post
Old 14-06-12, 01:21 PM   #29
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc777 View Post
well i spoke to the wife last night and i think its a yes to return.
This is the responce i got.
"it makes alot of sense to change the car, saves money in the long run and it has good tax and test and there is not point putting more money in the mondeo, if you want to then yes but we will have to watch the pennies."
Now then, how do we perseve this responce lol, she is not too bothered by cars, just practical and good for the family but she has a better money brain than me so thats why i gave her the figures and asked a decision.
I think its a yes but are there any girlies who can shed some light... please!!
Although i'm not a girl i got the missus to read this and she said thats a yes in her book, so i am comfortable in saying go get it mate before someone else snaps it up but remember the basics have a good sniff round it, even underneath, make sure every single button works, check the aircon, check to see if the engine is warm before you start it up, if he has got it up to running temp, ask him why, if he hasn't make sure you do after you have taken it for test drive, listen for any unusual knocks and bangs when out on the road.

Be prepared to walk away from it if something doesn't sit right with you.
Check the history to see if the belts have been done and the hg as a few on various sites has had a problem with these.

if you sell the mondeo private, make sure you buy your missus something nice!
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote