View Single Post
Old 05-12-16, 04:10 PM   #202
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Its been a while since i updated this thread

but here goes. Things have moved far slower than i planned, had to make some harsh buisness decisions that sapped not only the funds but time :-(

Dash / Floor Plates all mounted up ready for powder coating:

Fuel Pumps In:

Rear Suspension Back on, i switched back to the stock arms with new poly bushes.

Heat Shielding back in

Time to tackle the wiring-I lost count how long this took to sort out

Got some paint on floor plates / feet plates. Final fit of the dashboard and the Aim Dash

This is where i started to get excited, at last things were starting to be powered up and tested. Yep it took a while to make the switch panels

We Have life. Dash all working along with everything else, only thing missing at the moment are the reverse lights which are not coming on when reverse selected. Prob something silly but well happy

Starting to fitting the mk2 bodywork

So thats where we are at the moment, still waiting for the rear brakes but not that fussed as its not going on the road this year but defo going to be ready for spring next year. If i can i may even get it mot'd and some miles on the motor before then.
I had planned to pay someone to build the engine loom but i've now decided to tackle it myself, i mean how hard can it be

waiting for the new connectors to arrive and i have already stripped the BAM loom of all thats not needed so with a bit of luck it may even get fired up during xmas providing i can also get the fuel filler neck routed to the outside.

cheers

P.