Thread: T16
View Single Post
Old 26-08-19, 08:51 PM   #43
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I remembered I had a very obscure Nut extractor set, I purchased it years back for removing a locking wheel nut but it turned out it was not suitable, so I promptly "put it away" and forgot about it.

When I had remembered, then found it again I hammered the correct size on the bolt and used a normal socket to remove the bolt from the car

Anyway, got really far into the rebuild to find the pistons and rods are good, removed one piston and went to install the forged ones I have, to find they are 85mm pistons, not 84.45mm as were sold to me (84.45 is std size, in case anyone needed clarification). Upshot is they don't fit unless I re-bore!

cleaned the Mahle pistons up and refitted for now, then ran out of light so tidied up for the night!

So now I have a set of 85mm Wossner forged pistons on PEC rods, that I can't fit to my car... Will have to think of my next move over the next few days.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote