View Single Post
Old 20-10-13, 11:04 AM   #72
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=Mark S;323430]I assume at the fly and calculated?

Any idea what whp it was?

Have seem 145whp equated to 175+fly hp, but in my mind thats just dreaming.

At least with whp there is something slightly comparable

front wheel drives cars should have power looses of about 10-15% through transmission, 145 is more like 170 at flywheel if youre lucky. True though is the only figure that counts is whp. ive seen rollers say 145whp is 190 at the fly! with those power looses through your gearbox it would melt!

still maintain that the zs is an extremely capable track toy and more than a match for any modern hatch on the track driver depending. yes ingear speed isnt as good, yes 0-60 times might be behind on some. But they cost alot more have more power and still done leave the zs for dead. In all the track days ive done i have still never been overtaken by a single hot hatch. yes mine is light and has a few mods (not much; lsd, decat, itg, coilovers) its well looked after and also has no back seats and makes 173 bhp at the wheels. Ive done a back to back test against friends astras, golfs, clios, civics, leons etc, and havent been beaten. Im not making out it can beat a supercars, but it surprises everyone who sits in it and ive had so many comments once ive got back into pit lanes from people in "faster" cars which ive overtaken. I love it, yes it has it downfalls but it isnt slow depending on what your idea of fast is. There is so much to put into the calculations on what is fast and how to compare it to another car, gear ratios, power to weight, transmission looses, torque grafts, driver skill, the tyres it has, the type of track/road youre on. I love it, yes i have rose tinted glasses, but havent been proven wrong on track yet, and even if i did, i would look at the cost and see the other car probably cost 10 times more