View Single Post
Old 20-10-13, 12:28 PM   #75
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post

still maintain that the zs is an extremely capable track toy and more than a match for any modern hatch on the track driver depending. yes ingear speed isnt as good, yes 0-60 times might be behind on some. But they cost alot more have more power and still done leave the zs for dead. In all the track days ive done i have still never been overtaken by a single hot hatch. yes mine is light and has a few mods (not much; lsd, decat, itg, coilovers) its well looked after and also has no back seats and makes 173 bhp at the wheels. Ive done a back to back test against friends astras, golfs, clios, civics, leons etc, and havent been beaten. Im not making out it can beat a supercars, but it surprises everyone who sits in it and ive had so many comments once ive got back into pit lanes from people in "faster" cars which ive overtaken. I love it, yes it has it downfalls but it isnt slow depending on what your idea of fast is. There is so much to put into the calculations on what is fast and how to compare it to another car, gear ratios, power to weight, transmission looses, torque grafts, driver skill, the tyres it has, the type of track/road youre on. I love it, yes i have rose tinted glasses, but havent been proven wrong on track yet, and even if i did, i would look at the cost and see the other car probably cost 10 times more
I couldn't agree more, a very well balanced and honest opinion on the ZS.

Just to add to that, the bog std 180 is a capable car, and even without any mods a good track car also.
There is a guy I know of who has been racing a bog std ZS this season with nothing/little more than a set of slicks thrown on, and its done alright
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote