View Single Post
Old 21-10-13, 11:49 AM   #78
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
I’m going to go out on a limb here, this video is Dave chasing down George on track, you can clearly see the shortcomings of the stock ZS180, even though George was on 888’s and upgrade brakes the car was at its limit. Dave was running cams and manifolds and an ATB diff and reeled George in very quickly, within ½ a lap, in reality this can’t be down to outright power as Dave was at about 200bhp.
I went passenger with George the same day and he is a very capable driver and drove the car to the absolute limit, however, if the drivers swapped cars the results would have remained the same, the stock ZS is hampered due to its overall weight and handling, suspension isn’t particularly compliant at the upper limits as you can see from George’s car, body roll on entry and weight transfer on exit. This video shows how to exploit a ZS with 200bhp, weight reduction, power delivery and decent suspension coupled with improved braking.
If you surf Dave’s video’s for the VAG transplant you see this at another level, 100bhp more and well over 100 ft/lbs torque but the car handles perfectly on the same chassis set-up with the inclusion of a roll cage, there is a weight reduction over the front wheels due to the lighter engine and it’s placement in the bay.

I think this provides a fair comparison, also, just a foot note, I was on an XPOWER track day when Matt C was driving his BMW 330 diesel (think it was Matt) it was torrential rain and that BMW ran rings around most things out on track that day so don’t be too harsh on the lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FakRj...P6tOW_qmvL23yw
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote