Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 15-03-14, 07:22 AM   #42
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
So, another quick update for anyone interested.

I had a problem with the car slowly losing water which was gradually getting worse. I located the issue to either the seal between the water pump housing and block or the water pump itself. Both areas were wet so naturally I went all out and replaced all the seals. Taking the mounting bracket off was a bit of a pig but it has fixed the problem so well worth doing

New pump, there are rubber seals below the silicone

I was then on a roll so decided to replace the crappy after market cam cover gasket for a genuine Land Rover one. At the same time I took the belts and pulleys off allowing me to remove the cam carrier and re seal that with the genuine Rover sealant just to be on the safe side.

Cam removed

Quick de-grease and going back together

All back together and filled up with new OAT coolant, now completely oil leak and coolant leak free.

Then we gave them both a quick wash:

In other news I have sent a set of ZS injectors to United Diesel to be re-built with new Firad nozzles and both opening pressures increased. They have also been completely balanced and flow tested.

These results show the difference in flow between standard nozzles and the DSLA 145P 208 nozzles.

If anyone wants the exact specs of what has been done I'd be glad to help.

Cant wait to get these fitted on Sunday.

Also Ive given my turbo map another tweak on my other 200tdi hybrid injectors and she really is flying at the minute.

Just need to get my new turbo core fitted now and oil drain to sump, then maybe a hard cut limiter (just for giggles) and she will be virtually finished (3 years on)