View Single Post
Old 15-09-17, 12:34 PM   #89
dida4g

dida4g has a spectacular aura aboutdida4g has a spectacular aura about
Photos on Imgur.

Now with all this extra power my minor coolant problem got major.
I got a new cap a few years ago but I was still loosing coolant, so I used plumbers tape on the tank threads with the new cap, seemed ok. Found a 2nd hand tank and cap on ebay, fitted it, no leaks, happy days.
A week later, radiator is bulging at the sides and leaking, I thought nothing of it, 2nd hand radiator lasted 6 years, got another in the shed. Fitted that, drove 23miles to work, checking for leaks, this Rad is bulging too, I'm thinking, is it the head gasket?
I fitted a new thermostat and seal I had which meant remove oil cooler, built it all back up, the oil cooler is now leaking.
EBay £30 later, fit 2nd hand oil cooler, build it all back up, drive to work got halfway there and radiator leaking.
eBay £22 later, fit 2nd hand Radiator fill with coolant however this time I reused the new cap, it was only then I realized the underside of the caps were different, the one on it had a white dome piece, the new cap fit the tank better too.

In a nutshell my MG has really tested my patience these past few weeks.
(It almost had a for sale sign on it)
I've driven it 60+ miles and it hasn't lost a drop of coolant so fingers crossed.