Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 09:28 AM   #138
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
The map is still the same as when I was running SDIs with the 2056s turbo which would have given 180 bhp at the very best.
Its now got a really healthy low mileage engine and fuel pump and the turbo has been hybridised into a 2060.
I think the SDIs have more potential than people give them credit for as long as the gas can get out!
With the standard 2056s turbo at 30 psi, EMP was about 45 psi I seem to remember (it was a good while ago now!). With the latest turbo at 30 psi, EMP spikes at 28 psi. 38mm external waste gate is helping massively with this as well as a decent 60mm billet compressor wheel.
I'll have to find a way of getting the graph up, it's a really nice curve.
Did you ever get yours back on the road? You were going vnt I seem to remember, did anything ever come of the controllers in the end?
Interesting - a lot of people have stuck bigger turbo's on, but really struggled to break 180-190 with SDI's regardless of the turbo used.
Guess the existing manifold is a big issue.... I did think about looping in a "blow off" pipe to divert some exhaust gas while I was running the tiny hybrid, but felt the control of it to not loose too much boost was going to be an issue....
Going "big" on the exhaust side with an external waste gate solves that one tho

Bit of a long story with mine, but it's off the road currently, all the parts are plumbed in; controller included, though my car required a complete re-evaluation of the approach due to a very dirty signal for some of the critical sensors...(without those working properly, no decent vane control) plus a few physical issues with the exhaust manifold and turbo...

But we're getting much closer so shouldn't be too much longer now.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote