Thread: ZS TD project
View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 10:15 AM   #139
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Yeh, I had the same issue with my VNT, only managed 170ish I think with SDIs, never had it on the dyno with SDIs and the 2056s but it didn't feel any quicker with the SDIs in but at least it didn't keep sooting up a vnt mech!
With 200tdis and the vnt (1852) with loads of smoke it did 198bhp but that was with high EMPs and Kris did something to the rollers to encourage the boost to build (added more resistance somehow). With the rolling road in its normal setting it only managed 180 because the boost wouldn't build in the same way as it did on the road... The joys of vnt control as it sounds like you are discovering. I'm sure you'll get there though, would be interesting to do a rolling road session together and compare notes once it's in that position.
Next step for me is more fuel, going back to experiment with 300tdis which are on the shelf, just need to get them set up with higher opening points. Not sure how well they will work but still not found anywhere that can hone the standard/SDI nozzles which would be my preferred choice.

As a side note, how are we uploading photos these days?