View Single Post
Old 30-10-18, 08:59 PM   #177
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
So, a bit of an update coming.

Last year it was all going swimmingly, I attended a few shows, had fun beating my mates S2000 (somehow) and then getting the G6 gearbox fully refurbished along with a type b diff and a lightweight flywheel.

It then blew up.
I hadn’t even got to test out the new additions.

It stayed on the drive then while we moved into our first house.

Wel now I’ve finally got my finger out.
I was very kindly offered PeteT16’s old 180 by Sam. Which has a good engine but otherwise battered body so I decided I would take it and put its heart into mine

So here follows the series of pics where I only managed to get one engine removed in the time I had the hoist 😂

One the drive waiting dismantling next to the sorry looking original.

Taking off everything we thought we needed to.
But we found again and again and again that we had forgotten something

Finally we had it out after hours of bad access and never having done it before!

So we got the box off and then my mate had to go and I begun the couple of days of stripping it down.

Which has gone alright so far.

The cams are out as I’ll be putting the piper 270 cams (with a reground standard inlet cam as I broke the keying point) into it along with looking at fitting the piper verniers.

Now as you can see, these don’t have the key points that the standard pulleys do so required a little snoop on the 825 KV6 which has keyway additions like those found on the inlet cam side.
I ordered them off rimmers today so hopefully that will assist with the fitting.

And that’s where it’s up to at the minute.
I’m still a way away from gettin the engine back in the other car, namely because the broken engine is still in there awaiting removal!

But I feel like I’m getting there again.
And I’ll have some spares from the other one going as well so hit me up if you need anything and I’ll see what I can do.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote