View Single Post
Old 10-06-10, 07:32 AM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Question I have a dilemma

I am hardly using the ZS these days as it is now just a fun car. However seeing that the cost for insurance and tax is so expensive, especially when running two other cars, I don't know what to so.

I currently insure and tax the MGF, the TD5 Discovery and the ZS, but it is costing alot on the insurance and I cannot justify having it insured.

Not sure whether to leave it as a track day car and trailer it when I want to use it or totally strip it and go racing again which will mean no V5..........................will be a shame to see it get hammered over a couple of seasons. I want to put it to some use and not let it sit there doing sod all! It's not going anywhere I might add! Can always trailer it to meets I suppose I would love to prep it for the MG race series but in this climate finding sponsors is a non-starter.

Oh, and I picked up a few bits at the local autojumble, battery cut-off switch and extinguisher/battery switch external pull cables and some fibreglass racing arches. One way or another it'll be a long term project.

I'll miss driving it on the road, but I can't justify keeping it road legal at this time.