Thread: Im Homeless
View Single Post
Old 16-07-08, 03:00 PM   #44
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
Forums can't just be about being nicey-nice all the time and saying 'I agree' and 'lol' to everything. Sometimes constructive views and opinions have to be put forward and hand in hand with that will go negative views. We have to have negative views as Witnes$ states so that we can learn from them or other peoples experiances. I don't like this view and attitude that if something slightly worrying or negative is said that it has to be dealt with. By all means keep an eye on it but don't lock everything, team; you're a good bunch but lets not be trigger happy !
The very meaning of the word forum (Latin) is a medium for open discussion of subjects of public interest. How can we have open discussion if we are not allowed to air negative views and home-truths now and again ? I feel it is my duty that if someone has provided a service that is no more than a criminal activity masquarading as a legitimate business to inform the masses so no one else will be fleeced - surely this is in the ethos of the whole idea of having an online community ? ; to share with our fellow owners some sound advice. If one mans 'business' suffers from this then tough, learn how to be honest ! We all know he's a sore subject but unfortunatly he keeps poping back up and we mustn't let others be conned.
As for the age old rivalry between forums, it will always happen. XPF is the ultimate MGR website and i don't mean that in any offence to this site, it's just a simple truth ! However, sometimes it's the smaller communities like this and Sportscar-racing that have the greater appeal because the core user group is interacting with eachother on a near daily basis and wether we are a regular user or part of the admin/mods' team we all look out for eachother. It's for that reason why i prefer to do my posting here and spend my net time here. XPF is more for a quick browse now.
I would just like to make it clear to the admin/mods team that i'm not trying to be provocative here or stir anything up, all i'm doing is looking at things from both sides - how a regular user would see it and how a moderator would see it !
I agree lol

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote